Sunday, June 19, 2011

Movie Review - Bolt

By Alex Popp

If you think that "Bolt" is just a dog movie, think again.



Bolt, voiced by John Travolta, is the canine star of a hit TV series, living his whole life on its set, believing that he has superpowers due to the way that the crew edits the show. When he is accidentally shipped from Hollywood to New York City, he goes on cross-country trip with a cat and his biggest (and smallest) fan, a hamster named Rhino, to find his way back to his teenage owner (voiced by Miley Cyrus).

When I saw the trailers and promos for this film, I thought of the movie "Underdog." I thought, "Looks pretty resistable." But is, in fact, irresistable with loads of laughs, stunning animation, and delightful characters (notably Rhino). I saw it with my brother and sisters, and we all enjoyed it. And of course, my brother and I were whispering to each through the opening scenes, "Cats are evil."

I also did see some spiritual content: the message of how you need to look around for evidence before you assume something is true.

Rated PG for some peril and action, but should be perfectly fine for most young moviegoers.

Four stars (out of 4) for "Bolt." It's awesome. No, it's beyond awesome. It's BE-awesome! Hahaha!

Review by Alex Popp for The Animation Empire blog.

1 comment:

What do you think?

Popular Posts (of all time)